Walking in Lviv
DESCRIPTION OF WALKING ROUTES IN LVIV (WITH OUTSKIRTS)
Local walking route 511 (Opryshkivska street — Chernecha Hora street)
- The route starts at the entrance to a regional landscape Park Znesinnia from a western direction of 18 Opryshkivska street, around 100 meters to the bottom of Vysokyy Zamok Hill. End of the route is in the southern part of Park Znesinnia at the end of Chernecha Hora street, where it crosses with an asphalted park alley. The route distance is 0,9 kilometer.
- The route goes along Leo's Hill, Stephan's Hill, Zmiyina Hill; Church of Josaphat and all Ukrainian martyrs; Museum of Folk Architecture, entrance to which is only 200 meters from the route end.
- Surface: Surface: 45% of asphalt and 55% of soil road.
Local walking route 512 (Lisna street — Bohdanivska street)
- Start of the route is near entrance to Znesinnia Park from Lisna street End of the route is an asphalted site at the crossroad of Marunka street and Bohdanivska street. Distance: 2,1 kilometers.
- The route goes along Stephan's Hill, Zmiyina Hill; Khomets Hill; Museum of Folk Architecture.
- Surface: a forest path, 1 % of asphalt only.
- A difficult area is a stage along the fence of Museum of Folk Architecture. A narrow distance (0,5 meter) between the fence and a steep slope; there is a risk of falling in winter or rainy weather. Near Khomets Hill, when crossing the railway there is a danger of a train.
Local walking route 514 (Medovoyi Pechery street — Lysynychi)
- Start of the route is at the end of Medovoyi Pechery street, a turn to motocross cite. End of the route is a southern part of Lysynychi (near Church of Saint Paraskevia) Distance: 4,8 kilometers.
- The route goes along Medova cave, two natural springs, Vynnykivske lake, Devil's Rocks of volcanic origin.
- Surface: soil road; 100 meters of asphalted road.
- A difficult area is when crossing the motorway near Vynnykivske lake.
Local walking route 517 (Pohulyanka street — Pasichna street)
- Start of the route is 26 Pohulyanka street. End of the route is 62A Pasichna street, near the Military Lyceum Distance: 0,8 kilometer.
- The route goes near a natural spring in the Pohulyanka Park, along the boundary of the Botanic Garden of Lviv national University Surface: a forest path.
- Surface: soil road.
Local walking route 518 (Zamkova street — Opryshkova street)
- Start of the route is 2 Zamkova street. End of the route is parking area at Opryshkivska street, at the bottom of Vysokyy Zamok. Distance: 0,9 kilometers.
- The route goes across Park Vysokyy Zamok, at the bottom of Vysokyy Zamok Hill; monument to Maxym Kryvonos.
Local walking route 519 (Tchaikovskogo street — Vitovskogo street)
- Start of the route is 39 Tchaikovskogo street End of the route is 23 Vitovskogo street Distance: 0,9 kilometers.
- The route goes along Citadel fortifications from the end of 19th century.
- Surface: 80% of asphalt; 20% of soil road.
Local walking route 520 (Vitovskogo street — Stryiska street)
- Start of the route is main entrance to City Park named after Bohdan Khmelnytskyy End of the route is exit from the City Park named after Bohdan Khmelnytskyy near Monument of Glory. Distance: 0,5 kilometers.
- The route goes along the main alley of the park.
- Surface: 100% of asphalt.
Local walking route 525 (Stusa street — Zelena street)
- Start of the route is 23 Stusa street (entrance to Snopkivskyy Park) End of the route is 102 Zelena street Distance: 1,4 kilometers.
- The route goes across Snopkivskyy Park, along Stadium Ukrayina; in the end of the route there is a lake Green Eye, and a spring.
- Surface: 40% of asphalt; 60% of soil road.
As the Devil's Rocks are away from Lviv, it is better to get there from Lysynychi direction (city bus Ne 217)
The High Castle is associated first of all with panorama of Lviv, as the Castle Hill tops the very