Rivers of Slovakia
- Target group: for the experienced rafters, able to sweem
- Rafting part: Podbanské (Kokavský Bridge) – Liptovský Hrádok Grand Castle
- Accesability rafting on River Belá is possible in high water only
- Dificulty: moderate, WW II / III+
- Lengh and duration: 12 km – app. 2 hours
A rafting trip down the Belá River is sure not to disappoint—it is the most naturally raging river in Slovakia. The river runs through forests and hills and skirts Kriváň Peak. It cuts through Podbanské and passes the villages of Pribylina and Vavrišovo. Our trip ends in Liptovský Hrádok which is home to the Grand Castle where you can relax, have lunch or even pamper yourself in the spa.
In spots the Belá River is rated as WW III+. The Belá’s water level needs to be at least 70cm for it to be navigable. As the snow melts in the Spring (April/May) or after a long period of summer rain the water gauge at Podbanské will alert rafters when they can start their trip.